Thursday, February 13, 2014

Working hard or hardly working?

Did you know that working everyday is actually a lot easier than working just a couple times a week?
You probably did, but I was out of the loop!
I started working at a call center about a month ago, and time has flown since then.
Even though I have less time, I get a lot more done than I did without a job!
Plus I always have Friday and Saturday nights off, so that helps.

Every time I go into work, I'm always a little nervous they're going to fire me.
You see, I'm supposed to be getting twelve sales a day, but I usually average about one.
I'm sure the only reason they've kept me for so long with so little profit is because they can see my untapped potential for marketing.
Ha. Jokes on them!
The good news is that I can definitely rule going into any kind of business, sales, and marketing for a future job. One down, hundreds to go!
In all seriousness, I really hope I don't get fired. I really enjoy being able to read, watch movies, do homework, and play uno during work.

Calling people for work everyday makes for some very interesting conversations. Such as:
"Hi this is Anna calling from blah blah blah, is so and so there?"
"Yes hi this is me."
"Would you like to blah blah blah"
"Um yea but I'm having a serious bout of diarrhea at the moment. Do you like diarrhea?"
"....um... You um.. Sorry I... Youhaveagooddaybye!"

I'm an awkward person. It's true. Excuse the grossness of that person, his parents obviously didn't teach him any manners.


No comments:

Post a Comment